I took a tour on The Red List, and found the amazing Elizabeth Taylor and Paul Newman in one of my favorite classics, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. Take a look at the pictures below and, of course, watch the movie!
In America, October means one thing: Halloween. Lots of TV networks play special Halloween programs, most TV shows have an episode that focuses on this popular night and, of course, the entire week before Halloween people can watch some really cool movies on TV.
- I am a huge American Horror Story fan (as I love everything that’s either American, or horror). So last week, when the first episode of the new season premiered on September 14, we got to meet the cast of season 6 (that’s also said to be linking together all the seasons so far). The biggest surprise may be none other than Cuba Gooding Jr.! Can’t wait to watch his story on this one. He’s joined by the now regulars Sarah Paulson, Angela Bassett, Kathy Bates and Denis O’Hare.
- After reading everything I found on Jim Jones back in highschool, I found this a few days ago: ” Vince Gilligan has signed on to write and executive produce Raven, a limited series about Jim Jones, the infamous leader of the Peoples Temple cult who led his followers to a mass murder-suicide in Jonestown, Guyana, in 1978.” And yes, Vince Gilligan is the master behind Breaking Bad.
- And I can’t leave you without this awesome kind of a “Where’s Waldo” Netflix map. The Netflix characters are out in the park and, oh, how I wish I could have a chat with Winona Ryder or Kevin Spacey. Look for characters from Stranger Things, Bojack Horseman, House of Cards, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and Orange is the New Black.
A couple of years ago I wrote an essay on avangarde cinema, and one of the main characters was, of course, Jean-Luc Godard. His first feature film, À bout de souffle (Breathless), released in 1960, is one of the most influential examples of the Nouvelle Vague cinema (French new wave). It also marked the debut of Jean-Paul Belmondo, one of Godard’s main leading men from now on.
The film gained attention with its bold visual style, witty script and the interesting new way of using jump cuts at that time.
Take a trip back to the French 1960s and watch À bout de souffle. If only for some of these words:
- – What is your greatest ambition in life?
– To become immortal. And then die.
- I don’t know if I’m unhappy because I’m not free, or if I’m not free because I’m unhappy.
- When we talked, I talked about me, you talked about you, when we should have talked about each other.
- When the French say a second, they mean five minutes.
- Women will never do in eight seconds what they would gladly agree to do in eight days.
- You Americans are dumb. You admire Lafayette and Maurice Chevalier. They’re the dumbest of all Frenchmen.
- We’re hiding like elephants when they’re happy.
- I told you being afraid is the worst sin there is.
Photo via fiaf.org
1. Showtime presents a brand new trailer for one of those perfect TV series that have ever been on air: Dexter. The show turns 10 years old this year, so the network is giving fans „a chance to vote on their favorite episodes on the premium cabler’s website over a four-week period, culminating in a #Dexter10 Fan Marathon with the top ten picks on Saturday, October 1.”
2. BBC will bring seven more Agatha Christie adaptations to the screen in the next four years!
3. 177 film critics from 36 countries named the 100 best movies from the 21st century, with one of the greatest stories ever (and, in my opinion, David Lynch’s best picture) as the best film of the 21st century to date and a Romanian production in top 20! Very proud, indeed
Cover photo source: The Red List
Am văzut Suicide Squad. Oleacă dezamăgită, îl așteptam de ceva timp, am vrut tare mult să-l văd, eram curioasă de prestația a trei nume – Margot Robbie, Will Smith și Jared Leto. Eram curioasă să văd unde-a ajuns The Joker în 2016, ce ne zice Harley Quinn și ce Dumnezeu mai face Will Smith zilele astea.